Yellow Stag Limited (“Yellow Stag”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Policy applies to visitors of the Yellow Stag website at www.yellowstan.co.uk, (the “Website”).
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that Yellow Stag collects from you or that you provide to Yellow Stag, will be processed by Yellow Stag. Please read the following information carefully to understand Yellow Stag’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how Yellow Stag will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Yellow Stag Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 09527925 and whose registered office address is at Yellow Stag Limited, Bourne House, 475 Godstone Road, Whyteleafe, England, CR3 0BL.
All details supplied to Yellow Stag with your online advertisement will be safeguarded both by this Policy and also by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Amendments and updates to this Policy may be made from time to time. Any revisions will be posted on this page so you will always be aware of what information we collect. Please review this page regularly so that you are aware of any changes.
Information collected and what it is used for
Yellow Stag may collect the following information about you:
Information you provide when you place an advertisement on the Website
As part of the advert placement process we will collect your name, email address and telephone number. We will also collect your postcode in order to provide a positioning of each property within our database, this allows potential buyers to locate properties for sale within a set radius of a chosen location.
If your advert expires we will use your details to contact you via phone or email to give you the option to renew your advert.
We supply a customer to customer contact solution for viewing purposes that allows people who are viewing your advert to contact you direct once approved by one of the Yellow Stag team. This direct solution is not optional.
You will also be required to supply payment details when purchasing your listing. Payment Card information is collected over a secure connection and all payment transactions will be encrypted. Payment Card information is used solely for the purpose of processing payment for your listing. Yellow Stag retains no record of Payment Card details.
Where advertising packages include additional benefits to be provided by our approved third parties, we may pass your details on to these third parties to enable them to provide those services. This is not optional.
Information we request from you if you place an advert on the Website
If you place an advert on the Website, we will need to collect your email address to send you communications about how to access and manage your account (available within the “My Profile” section of the Website). You can access this area at any time in order to update your details or change your detail regarding your property. Yellow Stag will only use your information for marketing purposes where you have agreed to this.
We collect information in order:
- a) to generate an overall audience profile of visitors using the Website. This information is then used to assist in developing relevant content on the Website.
- b) to administer the Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Property post codes are required in order to place an advert on the Website
By submitting personal information to us, you are deemed to have agreed to the terms set out above regarding the use of your personal information.
Yellow Stag may also contact you for research purposes.
Where we store your personal data
All information (except Payment Card information) you provide to Yellow Stag is stored on Yellow Stag’s secure servers.
Once Yellow Stag has received your information, Yellow Stag will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- a) We may use service providers to help us run the Website or services available on the Website, some of whom may be based outside the EEA. Some of our webpages use plugins from third party platforms (such as the ‘Facebook Recommend’ or Facebook Gestures’ function). Information about your visit to the Website may be collected by these third party providers on these pages. If you browse these pages whilst still also logged in to your account on the third party platform, information collected by the third party may be connected to your account on the third party platform. For more information on how these third parties use information, please read their privacy policies.
- b) If we are under any duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our terms and conditions and any other agreements.
- c) In the event that Yellow Stag sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Yellow Stag may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- d) If Yellow Stag or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- e) For the purposes of the prevention or detection of offences, and/or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, we may share any information that we collect with the Police, other public or private sector agencies, governmental or representative bodies in accordance with the relevant legislation. This will include public authorities, insurance companies, finance companies, and/or other agencies.
When you register with our Website, we ask you whether you would like to receive our communications detailing offers, news and services from Yellow Stag and/ or information from third party companies via email and/or via post that we feel may be of interest to you. In order to receive these communications, you will need to opt in during registration.
On occasions Yellow Stag runs promotions in which personal information is collected. We will always ask you if you agree to this and advise you if this information may be shared with a third party. You will always be asked to provide your consent to this use by opting in.
To stop receiving Yellow Stags promotional offers and alerts, please click the link found at the bottom of each email or update your account preferences / unsubscribe.
Access to personal information
You have the right to access all personal information supplied to Yellow Stag and rectify any inaccuracies on the information held. Further enquiries should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptance / Instruction
When you take advantage of any of our products and services you will be asked for additional information about you and your property and will be uploading or reviewing information for marketing purposes. Your address will be disclosed on marketing materials such as digital property particulars that will also contain reference to the characteristics of your property provided or approve by you as well as on our Website and on marketing materials and property portals.